Generally speaking, when a company or brand wants to initiate a content marketing campaign, there are many questions that need to be answered, a few of which are:
- Who in our company can produce content?
- How often should we post new blog articles, videos, etc.?
- What is the best type of content for our business and industry? (text, video, audio, etc.)
- What will the “voice” of our content and brand sound like?
- Who will be the person in charge of planning, organizing, editing, and managing our content going forward?
- Will we need to hire a new employee(s) to do this well or can we leverage the in-house talent we already have?
- What platform should we build our blog on (like WordPress) ?
- How much will social media play a role in our content marketing efforts?
- What will enable us to consistently produce content going forward so it has a lasting impact?
As you might imagine, there are many other questions to consider in this process, which is exactly what we do with The Sales Lion. Companies come to us when they know they want to get started with content marketing but need guidance so as to eliminate the learning curve that stunts the initial success of so many content marketing ventures. Furthermore, they come to us when their content marketing efforts are stagnant and not getting the desired results. And if you want to get a really good feel as to the principles we teach, view this slideshare deck: