Along these same lines, it used to be that the phrase “great website design” was more aligned with aesthetics—or the “look” of the website. But today, just looking pretty isn’t nearly enough, and the following questions are just a few that need to be addressed when properly designing a site:
- What would be the most effective header image for my site?
- What will be the main message for readers on our home page? (aka “You Statement”)
- What are the major services/products that should be mentioned on our home page without overwhelming the viewers?
- Where are the best placements for calls-to-action buttons, offers, and opt-in forms on my site?
- How many landing pages should I have and what should they look like?
- How should our social media buttons be displayed and where will they be most effective?
- What should be on the sidebar of each page?
- What should the copy and “voice” sound like throughout the content of the site?
- What do we need to do in order to generate more opt-ins for our email list?
- Where would be the best places to utilize video on the site?
These are just a handful of questions that need to be addressed when going into a successful web design project. Here at TSL, we’ve written multiple articles about proper web design that makes a site meet the expectations and demands of today’s digital consumer—someone who wants to be fed, wants to learn, and wants to feel like they know the company well before making the first contact.
If you’re looking for assistance in answering these questions and want to work with a company that understands how to integrate powerful aesthetics, copy, design, and strategy into your next website, don’t hesitate to contact us today – use the form below to connect with us!