A Non-Nerdy Deep Dive Into Search Engine Optimization
We start off this interview answering two important questions: Why is SEO so confusing? Why is it so difficult?
Dee Dee shares how doing SEO isn’t as hard as we might think.
Next, we quickly dive into the question, what is SEO now in 2015? Many people want to say it is just a keyword thing.
But is that right, or is it more?
Dee Dee shares with us how it’s about content, about questions, and how SEO isn’t just about optimizing pages that hold those questions and content.
Then she talks about all the SEO items that search engines use to pay attention to that have fallen to the wayside.
How can we do some goal matching? You see the searcher, the search engine and marketer think they have different goals.
Can the goals all be aligned between marketer, searcher, and search engine?
Keywords, Long Tail Keywords and Long Tail Keyword Questions
- Keywords, Long Tail Keywords and Long Tail Keyword Questions?
- Can a company ever over-optimize their keyword strategy?
- What should you really be focusing on during your keyword strategizing sessions?
One of the things we have found at The Sales Lion, when we are out doing HubSpot Intensive Trainings Workshops, is a large set of companies don’t have any type of internal link strategy.
So I ask the question, what the heck is going on with this?
Search Engine Optimization Moving Forward
We wanted to give the viewers some actionable items moving forward, and think about the future.
So, I ask Dee Dee some high level questions like:
- What are the first three things people should be focusing on to boost their SEO moving forward?
- What role does social sharing play in SEO, if any?
- How can HubSpot tools help with a company’s SEO goals?
- What is the one SEO item that makes you ponder or get’s you excited?