Hubcast 128: Live From The Sales Lion Headquarters
This week we talk about the value of “Videofest”. Production begets production. Being able to bulk create content is always a win, win situation.
Hubcast Raving Fans
Each week in this section we show love to those who show love to us. Simply leave us a review on iTunes and we will read it for the rest of the community to hear. Let us know who you are, your business, or other tidbits of information in your review.
This week’s review comes from ABoatin.
We believe getting administrative support shouldn’t be complicated. And they really know HubSpot.
Their team includes marketing specialists that focus on things like:
- *Scheduling and calendar management
- Social media management and advertising
- PPC management
- Content development
- Inbound sales support
- Project management
- Billing and collections
- HubSpot setup and maintenance
- WordPress support and maintenance
- Graphic design
Wouldn’t it be nice to have an on-demand team of inbound-certified VAs that you can call on when you need extra help?
Would it be even better if they knew HubSpot and the inbound methodology?
That’s Inbound Back Office.
Augment your team, save money and expand your resources. Visit InboundBackOffice.com to schedule a free discovery call.
Mention The Hubcast during their discovery call to get a $100 credit toward our services
Future Date Property Criteria in List Segmentation
Inbound is all about getting the right message in front of the right people at the right time. A key component of that: understanding which of your contacts have important dates coming up relating to your company’s offerings. Which contacts have trial expirations around the corner? Who’s renewing in the next month? Which travelers leave on their trip in the next week? Which home-buyers have a move-in date in the next few days?
With today’s update, you can segment your contacts based on date properties that fall in the future, enabling you to plan your marketing and sales strategy for any scenario that might occur. In other words, you can now use this in your list logic: “Date Property XX is (or is not) in the next YY days.”g
Not sure how you’d use this new feature? Here are a few sample use cases to get you started:
- Workflow suppression or branching logic. Create a list of contacts whose renewal date is in the next week, and send them down a different workflow branch based on that list membership (or suppress them from receiving emails altogether)
- Smart content. Create a list of contacts whose trial is expiring in the next seven days. Show them a reminder banner when they visit your website.
- Lead Scoring. Award additional points if a lead’s contract with your competitor is ending in less than a month.
- Social monitoring. Collect contacts whose high school or college graduation date is less than a year from now, and create a social monitoring stream to track their Tweets over time.
How it works
Create a list by navigating to Contacts > Lists > Create New List (or edit an existing one). Add a new criteria centered around a contact property. Choose the date property you’d like to use as a filter, then either “is more than” or “is less than” a certain number of days or weeks.
In the next dropdown, you’ll find the new option — “from now.” Previously, you could only filter based on the date property being more/less than XX days ago.
Note: The updated date filtering option appears anywhere that the “list segmentation” interface is used — manual lead scoring and workflow branching, too.
The new filtering option is available to Basic, Professional, and Enterprise HubSpot Marketing portals.
HubSpot Wish List
From Paul Mortimer
Showing If A Blog Has Been Promoted/Social Shared On Your Accounts.
Once a blog has been posted, it would useful for the info screen to show if and how much it has been posted to your social accounts.
Not how many shares the post has got (which is suggested elsewhere and useful), but whether you have promoted it to on your own accounts.
— Octave Media, LLC (@octavemedia) February 22, 2017
Marcus: PE Teacher
Tweet Of The Week
— Miira Leinonen (@MiiraLeinonen) February 20, 2017
— Jen Spencer (@jenspencer) January 4, 2017
Question of The Week
The Book: They Ask You Answer
Listen to old Hubcast episodes
Where else can you find the Hubcast Podcast?
Latest posts by George Thomas (see all)
- Hubcast 153: #Inbound17 Recap, The Good, The Great, & The What The? - October 5, 2017