About 4 years ago, I attended a small workshop on personal branding. Upon arrival, I’d never heard of the speaker, but within minutes of starting the session, I knew I was listening to someone very, very special. He was, without question, one of the best speakers and teachers I’d ever witnessed. Well, it turns out this gentleman was named Joey Coleman, and we would go on to become very good friends and also work together on quite a few projects.
Joey is a man of extremely diverse talents, which is exactly why I wanted him to be a part of Mad Marketing. He’s known as a customer experience expert, a business coach, a speaker coach, and more. He is also incredibly thoughtful and is a master story teller. As you listen to this episode, you’ll notice all of these skills. Specifically, here are some of the subjects that came up in the interview:
Wise Words from Joey Coleman: A Mad Marketing Interview
- Understanding the difference between customer service vs customer experience
- How to effectively say who you are and what you do– in a single sentence.
- How customer experience is the last great differentiator when it comes tobusiness
- The profound relationship between customer experience and company culture
- How it’s impossible to teach our employees how to give customers remarkable experiences if they themselves haven’t experienced them
- Why company mission statements are often times a disaster
- The process of understanding and embracing our gifts
- The importance of changing the way you communicate and give a presentation based on how the audience is reacting
- The need to “walk to the edge of the cliff” with an audience (take risks) to create exceptional experiences
Want to contact Joey? Visit his website here: www.joeycoleman.com
Latest posts by Marcus Sheridan (see all)
- Using Video to Improve SEO and Inbound Marketing in 2017 - August 23, 2017