Mad Marketing 104: Everyone is an Artist with the Talented Ron Tite
Ron Tite is as fascinating as they come. Not only does he own a content marketing agency, but he’s a successful comedian, a professional speaker, and a recently published author. (Everyone is an Artist(Or at Least They Should Be)
In this interview, Ron shares multiple nuggets of truth on the following subjects:
- Funny bits vs “being funny” (making stuff up on the spot)
- The power of “Life after the punchline”
- How to create an environment for success—and when to walk away from a gig because you’ve been set up to fail—Putting as many variables in your favor as possible.
- How to deal with the “passive heckler” (the one that doesn’t say anything in the boardroom but is your worst enemy)
- Wy the professional side of comedy is just as important as the “funny” side—in other words, business development is critical for all of us—and the importance of making our opportunities.
- “When it comes to marketing, there has never been a better time to fail.”
- “Creative people aren’t freaks that break all the rules. In fact, many creatives are left-brained.”
- The joy of exploring new material from the stage.
- The panic of success
If you’re at all interested in content marketing, great communication, and creating your own art (be it on the stage or in other settings) then this is an interview you won’t want to miss.